Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fiesta!! :=)

Well... it's time I write another blog entry. It's been too long!!

Whenever people ask what I've been up to, my first response is to say "homework"! It's so sad... but true. It seems like it's gotten to the time of the semester where it's coming down to the wire and there's not much time left for any procrastination. So, I've been doing quite a bit of that.

But, this weekend was AMAZING!! On Saturday we had "Fiesta Belmont" here, which was awesome! It was a Latin Music festival, and you know me, so you know it was so much fun!! I was able to meet some new people and dance some salsa and enjoy some Latin music! I even went to a Spanish speaking church the next morning. And it was so cool. I LOVE being able to use/practice my Spanish!

This next story actually happenned a couple of weeks ago, but I thought I would write about it. I baby-sit every Thursday morning for two of the coolest kids I know. They are 4 and 6. And one Thursday I took them to Davis Kidd to play and explore in the books and we went to the cafe there to eat some lunch and sat in a booth. And sitting behind me were two guys who were talking about their lives and wives. And I couldn't help but overhear them talking. They were talking about how amazing their wives were and how much they appreciate them and all that they do for them. And I definitely heard one of them say, "She honestly teaches me more about selfless love every day than I could ever imagine." I think I might remember what that guy said that for the rest of my life. First of all, it was amazing because it seems to be so rare that people talk so positively about their spouces. Most of the time it seems like friends get together to "vent" about how annoying their husbands or wives are, but this conversation was the furthest from that ever. They never said a negative word about their wives. Secondly, that's the type of wife I want to be some day. Not some naggy lady that is always complaining about and to her husband. But, a wife that truly demonstrates servantlike and selfless love. yes... that will be one of my life goals. Now about that getting married part... haha (don't worry... i'm not even dating any one)

Well, that's it for now... the same old life as always, a bit of Spanish and a bit of thinking about life. :) I quite enjoy it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the picture of me!
Biff (2 F's)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home