Sunday, February 19, 2006

New Perspective

Sorry... I really be writing in this MUCH more often if I'm going to have it! Life just gets too crazy.

Well, the family came last weekend and once again I went to the Wildhorse (and OpryMills, etc.). It was awesome! :) I love that place. I'm far from a country line dancer, but I love following other people and pretending that I can do it! hah :)

This morning I went to Kid's Church. It's the program that City Church does for kids in East Nashville on Sunday mornings. It's awesome!! I went with Creative Ministries and we did a program for them (with a skit and testimonies and dancing) and then we did a craft. I loved those kids! I got to work with some of the middle school aged kids and they are so awesome! I had so much fun... it makes me want to teach out there when I graduate. Those kids just need to be loved in such an awesome way! (And really so do all kids... but there's just something so special about them.)

And then today we had practice in University Ministries and a homeless guy came in there. I was really freaked out at first, but I had been praying for God to show me the needs of others, and so I saw it as an opportunity. So, we brought him to the Belmont cafeteria (where he could have 'all you can eat') and then we prayed for him. I think he cried. He was so grateful. And he just really wanted to get out of the freezing cold. What a blessing. But, seriously... this guy is homeless and what is he suppossed to do after tonight? I'm so spoiled and I really do need to start seeing what's going on in the rest of the world. And get out of my stupid, little comfortable, selfish world and do what I can to reach out to those in need. I've really been convicted about this recently. I can't believe the things I complain about, when here was this guy who just wanted to be warm for a while and not on the streets. Man... I'm so blessed.

So, on that note, praise the Lord for my many blessings. Lord, please provide for those out there with so many emotional and physical needs and show me what you would have me do to help them. Amen!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's to say that that invitation to the homeless man won't prove a crucial turning point for that man's life? Perhaps it was a turning point for his hope for eventual comfort, or for conviction for work, or for love for neighbor? Who knows? Only God knows. And what does He say? Love your neighbor as yourself. Yes, Liz, you are so right to care for the needy. Amen, indeed!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home