Monday, October 30, 2006

an attempt to summarize the last 3 months of my life

Wow... it has been WAY too long since I've written. I suppose that's how every one of my blog starts, but this time it is really true! So, instead of telling boring story after boring story about my life, here is a recap in photos!

For my birthday (September 6th), Dave took me to the Adventure Science Center in Nashville, the children's science museum here in town. It was so much fun!

Obviously we both have promising careers as space explorers.

Doesn't it stink when there are giant insects chasing you?

Me and Dave in the pretend ambulance... we're good to have around in an emergency.

There was a tower you could climb up to the top of the museum. Here is the view of Nashville from the top!

My new favorite place. =)


Dave's step-brother got married at the beginning of October in Grand Rapids, Michigan. So, we got to make the road trip up there and I got to meet his dad's family! It was a lot of fun, and I now know for sure that he has a great family! =)
Me and Dave on the right with his sister and his sister's boy-friend on the left!

Dave's family as the wedding party

Me and Dave at the wedding rehearsal

Me and Dave during a break between his "groomsmen photo sessions"


I was planning on visiting Deborah at Mercer for fall break, but it turned out that my fall break weekend would have been really inconvienent for her. So, ONE WEEK before fall break, I bought a plane ticket to New York City! I have a few friends studying out there this semester, so I stayed with them and we did "NYC in 3 days". It was awesome! I had never been there and it was a lot of fun. I'm glad that I got to head out there at the last minute. I think it may have been the best fall break yet!

Me in Times Square

Here is a view from the Empire State Building... (can you believe it costs almost $20 just to get to the top to see the view?)

Times Square (it's even more impressive at night!)

Brooklyn Bridge

Me with some friends in Central Park

The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island

H&M on 5th Avenue... can you believe all these people shopping? it's actually quite sickening.

Rockefellar Center (this is where the big Christmas tree is during the holidays)

Little Italy (right next to Chinatown)

This is the view of St. Patrick's Cathedral... the biggest in the US (Europe really puts us to shame in this area.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

because THAT is actually Little Italy, which is connected to Chinatown. oops.

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home